Thursday, October 23, 2008

I'm a Nurse!

Ok, so I am kind of a nerd but today in my clinicals we got to give flu vaccines! I finally felt like a nurse rather than a CNA! Giving shots is a little weird, I don't usually enjoy purposely inflicting pain on people but after getting my nerves out on the first few, it was really fun. And I didn't even make anyone cry, ha ha. I'm still not a fan of giving kids shots but today it was only elderly patients and the nursing home staff. In two weeks I get to work in th OR and follow a patient through pre-op, observe the surgery (which will be so cool!) and then give post-op care. I'll finally get to do something I love! YAY!

1 comment:

Johnson Family said...

You know, I don't know how you do it. I freak out at needles, etc. But bravo! Congrats! People like you are needed! I am glad you are so brave, I couldn't do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...