Thursday, April 2, 2009

Done With Clinicals!

 I had my last day of clinicals on Wednesday! It was a long ten weeks of getting up at 5:00 in the morning on Mondays and Wednesdays and feeling so guilty for abandoning more poor sleeping baby but I survived! Part of me was actually sad it ended because I really love being a nurse and I loved the patients I worked with. The last few weeks I was completely on my own caring for 2-3 patients and I loved it! I have been working at the Veteran's hospital here in Boise and at first I was a little disappointed because I had hopes of working in one of the "big" hospitals like St. Luke's and St. Al's but it was truly a blessing to work at the VA. The men and women I treated there were so friendly and I had so many enriching and uplifting conversations. One day I sat with a 93 year old man who told me all about his life and his "angel" of a wife who he'd been married to for 67 years!!! and loves more than anything in this world. It is kind of sad how the perception of love and marriage has changed so much- a marriage lasting that long is hard to find these days. Anyway, it was neat to get to see the perspective of people who grew up in such a different time than the one I did. I have also come to appreciate even more the sacrifice Veterans make for our freedom and families. Take the time to thank a Veteran!

Even though I will miss being a nurse twice a week, I am so excited to be home with my little boy again! The little monster is growing before my eyes! I'm sad because I lost my camera and don't have any fun pics to post. He is unstoppable now- crawling every which way. I like to get on my hands and knees and chase after him. We usually end up in the bedroom where Tyler keeps his guitar- that is Parker's new favorite thing... the guitar. He loves to pet it when Tyler isn't around. He grabs at the strings and looks at me like, "Mom look, I'm playing the guitar!!" and he also loves to listen to Tyler play! I've also found Parker in the bathroom, unwinding the roll of toilet paper all over the place. Oh the joys of motherhood, and I really do mean joy because not even a little part of me gets upset with him when he does stuff like that. I just grin and think to myself, this kid is going to get away with everything because he's just too stinking cute!

Life is good! Tyler has five weeks left of his Master's degree and I have five weeks and one semester left. Go us! Before we know it we'll be done... 

2 comments:

KBH said...

I'm glad life is treating you so well! Its also glad to know that you find it funny when Parker gets himself into trouble...I do the same thing. I find it healthier to laugh then get upset it will make me live longer! Tell everyone hello and I love ya!

Jeff and Laura said...

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (is that enough exclamation points? maybe not, her is a few more)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...