Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day

Just a few of the MANY reasons I love being a mom....
Parker's wide-open mouth, drooling all over my cheek, kisses. Those are the very best!
Parker following me around the house yelling "Mama!". When I turn around to answer he smiles and giggles and crawls as fast as he can to get to me.
Lately, when he gets tired at night he crawls over to me, lays his head in my lap and falls asleep.
The innocent little face that always accompanies his new favorite phrase.. "Uh Oh...".
He loves to dance with me... and he doesn't even mind my terrible singing.
I always have a little buddy to play with! I will NEVER be bored ever again :)

Like I said, I could write a novel about the joys of being a mom but I won't put you all through that. 

As for my Mother's Day, I am so spoiled! And I am pretty sure I gained 10 pounds in one weekend. Don't believe me? Just listen to what my weekend consisted of... food, food, and more delicious food!

Saturday all the girls from Tyler's family and my mom, sister and I all went out for lunch at Tucanos! It was so fun to have all of my favorite women around. I am truly blessed with great love and friendship from these amazing girls. A big thanks to all of them for all the kind things they do for me. A special thanks to my wonderful mom who has been my best friend and the perfect example of a loving mother... love you mom!

Here is a picture from the mommy luncheon.

That night, my wonderful husband took me to Olive Garden to celebrate. I couldn't resist my new favorite soup even though I was still in a Tucanos coma! But the food wasn't the best part. It was simply being with Tyler and Parker, feeding Parker soup and breadsticks and playing his favorite game of "let's see how many times mom will pick this up off the ground for me!" Little moments like that make being mom worthwhile! 

On the way home we gave Parker a breadstick to munch on. This is a great picture of the result. Don't worry, I would never let him attempt to swallow a piece that big!

On Sunday, Tyler and I spoke in Sacrament meeting. Wow, I'm sure Bishop was regretting asking me to speak about mothers and motherhood on my first Mother's Day! I cried through most of the talk but it was the easiest talk I've ever been assigned. Tyler gave an excellent talk about the term eternal families also meaning God-like families. He is so amazing!

After church more eating! We had Jambalaya with Tyler's family and then later that night we couldn't turn down my dad's famous Mother's Day dinner of steak and shrimp. So yeah, I'm spoiled and ten pounds heavier! Thanks to Parker for making me such a happy mother, thanks to my husband for all of his love and support, and thanks to our families for their love!
Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Val said...

Wow! What a great Mother's day! I enjoyed your talk... bawled my head off too!

Karen ~Georgia Angel said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful first Mother's Day. Thank you for sharing. Just wanted to know that I have featured your post in my Mommy Inspired Blog Carnival. http://www.ageorgiaangel.com/blog/?p=833

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...