Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 4th of July!!

Independence day is one of my very favorite holidays! I love it! I love all things patriotic, then add summertime, BBQ's, fireworks and fun and I am a happy girl :) So I took about a million pictures this weekend. Here is what we did:

Saturday, July 3rd:
My little cousin Carly was baptized Saturday morning in Twin Falls so we spent the day in Twin with my Aunt, Uncle, Cousins and Grandma. We were very excited for Carly on her big day, unfortunately she was sick so she spent the rest of the day in bed :( But the rest of the family had a blast....

Blowing bubbles


Playing games


Spending time with the family

Watching my dad, uncle Doug, Tyler, Jake and my cousin Kaden set off their illegal fireworks





Sunday July 4th:
(back at home) I made red, white and blue pancakes for breakfast

We went out to Tyler's parents' house

And enjoyed.... you guessed it, more fireworks!

And no trip to Grandma and Grandpa Pooley's would be complete with out some trampoline time

We also played a really fun game of baseball that I didn't get pictures of. But Tyler was the home run champ... way to go hubby!

Then Tyler, Parker, Isaac and I went downtown to watch the Boise firework show. We found a great spot on top of a BSU parking garage. We set up our chairs in the back of the truck and enjoyed the show! Parker loved them!

We are so grateful to live in this beautiful, free country. Sometimes I think people get too caught up in politics and arguing and forget how very blessed we are to be Americans!! Thank you to the men and women who fight to protect our freedoms and especially to the families who give up their moms, dads, brothers, sisters, sons, and daughters to fight for our home. We are especially grateful to our brother-in-law Denver, who is in the military! God bless America!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...