Sunday, August 15, 2010

Need some advice...

Ok this is for all of you A+ moms out there who have perfect children on perfect schedules- which seems to be every mom but me :) Parker has never been a good sleeper. He has been sleeping in his "big boy" toddler bed for about two months now and has weeks where he will sleep through the night like a charm and then he'll have weeks where he wakes up 1-3 times a night. Right now, of course right as the baby is about to arrive and keep me up all night anyway, Parker wakes up once a night EVERY night! Then I have to go lay next to him in bed in order to get him back to sleep which can take anywhere from 5 to 30 min. So I am looking for some coaching from all you moms on ways I can get him consistently sleeping through the night. I am not sure I can wake up with two kids every night and still keep my sanity :) Feel free to leave comments!

5 comments:

Val said...

OH Natalie. that doesn't sound very fun. I'm sorry. I wish I had some great advice, but Carter is s good sleeper, and I didn't really do anything to make that happen. When he was in his crib, I did go about a week of letting him cry himself to sleep. Maybe (if you can...its so hard!) let Parker cry and eventually he will go back to sleep. Just a suggestion.

Unknown said...

Natalie, this is tough. Vienna has a bit of a tougher time adjusting to the move and sleeping in her crib as she was in a bassinet since she was born. She is a good sleeper with a few adjustments here or there. I liked Val's suggestion, even though it is tough. It's nice for you because you know its not out of hunger, I still question my milk supply with Vienna, so that is tough. I'd say letting him cry will be your best bet. He will learn really fast it is sleep time. Good luck my dear.

Monte and Brittany said...

what we did for cole is we just put one of those things on the handle so he cant open the door and let him cry it out.. he might sleep on the floor one night but thats okay! cole cried the first night for about 5 min the second for like a min the 3rd like 10 seconds and hes been good everysince. good luck!

Johnson Family said...

Two of my four kids have been like that. Actually, my 3 year old still does it every now and then, but what gets him to stop doing it is that I don't do anything HE wants me to do - I won't lay with him, I don't sing him a song, I don't really even talk to him, I don't give him anything, I just get up and take him straight back to his bed and lay him down again. It seems that once he realizes it's not "worth it" he stops doing it (he just tests me again one or two nights every couple of months). I think you have some good advice here. Just remember that he won't hold it against you and he knows you still love him! ;) It is hard to let him cry or to be firm with him, but it can't be harder than not getting the sleep you need, right? Take care of yourself!

Nick and Titi said...

i totally know how you feel......reggie still wakes up at least 3 times a night. i wish we could give them sleeping pills. i don't like the letting him cry method...and neither would our neighbors. haha. hope he's sleeping well for you now that you have your super cute baby girl!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...