Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Things I am Thankful For

Things that I am thankful for........

Last week I had the opportunity to observe a surgery of a two month old baby with a cleft lip and palate in order to have the birth defect repaired. There were some complications but in the end the baby was fine however it got me thinking about all the things in my life that I have to be thankful for. There are so many!

I am so grateful for such a wonderful and handsome husband! He is my best friend and we fit together so perfectly. He is a wonderful father and I can't wait to see him once Parker is a little older and the two of them can run around and get into trouble together. And he works so hard to provide for our family. If there was ever a match made in Heaven, it would be us!

I am so grateful for this wonderful little boy who scooted his way into my life and has completely taken over it. I love every minute I get with him. Parker has brought so much Joy to our lives. So much emphasis has been placed on women being successful with important jobs and such but I still believe being a mother is the greatest thing any women could ever accomplish, and I would give up an elite job to spend every minute of every day with this little stinker!
Along with these wonderful boys, I am so thankful that we are all healthy! We are so lucky to be healthy and strong!
I am grateful for my parents  and siblings. They are such a comfort and support in my life and I would be lost with out their friendships and love. They are my best friends along with my hubby. Tyler's family is also wonderful to me and I am thankful for their love and acceptance of me into their family.
I am so grateful for all of the wonderful people I have come into contact with through out my life who have become some great friends. All the way back to high school up until now I have been blessed with great friends who have blessed my life in many ways, helped me get through some tough times, and celebrated all of the wonderful times with me.  
I am thankful to live in America, even though times are getting a little crazy, we are still so lucky to live free to choose the kind of life we want.
I am thankful for my education. I find myself complaining about school but I love the things I am learning in nursing school and education is so important.

Lastly, and probably most importantly, I am very grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. My testimony of this gospel is what gives meaning to everything in my life and knowing I get to be with my family forever is the greatest gift ever. I am very thankful for that!





1 comment:

Jeff and Laura said...

and I am thankful for you!!! Happy Thanksgiving Pooley's!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...