Thursday, January 29, 2009

Just Another Good Day

Yesterday I had my first nursing rotation in the ER! I was scared to death but as soon as I got there something just came over me and I just went for it! I learned so much in just one shift. I started IV's, watched blood draws, gave a shot, cleaned a wound and then watched the Dr. stitch it up, ran blood and urine samples to the lab, learned how to hook up patients to EKG and heart monitors, assessed four patients and visited with the sweetest 100 year old man! It was a very tiring 8 hours but I fell in love with nursing all over again! I really enjoyed it. 

My favorite part of the day however was late last night. Tyler and I watched a movie, I stayed up despite being exhausted! After the movie at about 11:30 Parker woke up! I was not very excited about this because I was finally going to get some sleep and he was now wide awake. But then Tyler got out his guitar and played and sang some "Lullabies" to us. He is so talented and Parker loves listening to his dad on the guitar, as do I! So I stayed up a little later and watched Parker listen so intently. I am so thankful for more of these little moments that bring me such happiness! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...