Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Band-Aid Story

Well the first time Tyler told me this story I did not think it was funny... not even a little bit but he did and even my mom laughed. But now that it has been a day or so, I feel myself fighting a little grin when I tell it so I figured I'd share it and hopefully moms out there can use it to feel better about themselves by thinking, "at least I'm not as bad of a mother as Natalie is..."

The other night Parker scratched himself with his finger nail right in the corner of his eye so I decided that I needed to be brave and trim his nails with the nail clippers. Heartbreakingly, just as I was about to clip one, my little wiggle worm moved and I clipped the tip of his finger instead. That is the worst. I had never done that before but it was always a big fear of mine which is why his nails were long to begin with. Anyway, it just kept bleeding and bleeding and so I pulled out a Band-Aid and wrapped it around his finger.

The next day, I was at the hospital for clinicals and Tyler was getting Parker dressed. Tyler noticed that Parker was sucking on his Band-Aided finger. Parker sucks on everything so he didn't think much of it. Then he heard Parker start to gag. He looked up and the Band-Aid was gone! So frantically he tried to pull it out but was unsuccessful. So he picked him up and patted him on the back, fearing that he was choking. All of the sudden, Parker was fine. Tyler looked around and the Band-Aid was gone- no where to be found. So we are assuming it is in Parker's belly. Yep, he swallowed his Band-Aid. Tyler called me up on my way home to tell me about it. So if you are a mom and you are feeling down just remember the story of when Natalie clipped Parker's finger with the nail clippers and then was almost an accessory to his choking on a Band-Aid- that has to make you feel better about yourself. I'm sure we'll be seeing that Band-aid in much worse shape here in a few days.

3 comments:

Jeff and Laura said...

I am laughing so hard! That is so funny! I totally clipped Jack's fingers (not nails) off more then a few times. Ouch:( I totally felt so bad and even did the band aid thing. Thankfully Jack wasn't able to suck it off, but he was little then...thanks for the tip....no more band aids!!!!

Rachel said...

I am so sad for you! I am so scared of clipping Caleb's nails too, so they end up being long, but then he either has scratches on his face, or they end up breaking. Uggg! I hate it!

I probably wouldn't think it was that funny either. The first time Caleb hurt himself to the point he was bleeding, I seriously cried as much as he did. I was so sad for him!

You are a great mom! Don't worry - we all make mistakes.

KBH said...

I loved your story! It makes me feel better about the little finger I clipped. I learned that I have to clip his fingers when he is sleeping or eating his bottle. That is about the only time he holds still. Tell little Parker I say hello and Tyler! Hope all is well with your family! Love ya!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...