Wednesday, March 3, 2010

His Bite is Worse than his Quack

Good thing I have two hunting dogs because I have a new little enemy! Here's the story:
The last couple of days have been beautiful- sunny skies and 55* weather! We love it! Anyway, since it has been such nice weather, Parker and I have been going on bike rides again. There are some cute little walking/bike paths and duck ponds across the street that we like to ride on. The other day we stopped to look at the ducks and Parker got very excited when all the ducks came out of the pond and waddled up to our bike. So today I thought it would be fun to bring some bread to feed them... Chelsea and Peyton decided to join us so we stopped, unloaded the boys and started tossing bread to the beasts... I mean ducks... who then turned into beasts fighting over the bread and coming a little too close for comfort. The boys thought it was great and kept chucking the bread to the ravenous monsters, Chelsea and I were getting a little nervous. I had a hot dog bun in my hand so I tore a piece off and handed it to Parker to throw, in the meantime I had taken my eyes off of the big male duck right in front of me. In that second the duck pounced grabbing a huge chunk of the bun. It startled me but I swung at it and it fluttered off a ways... not a minute later the same duck attacked again. This time he wasn't so smooth and rather than grabbing the bun he bit down on my finger! Now for not having any teeth, a duck bite hurts! I just about kicked the duck back into the pond and decided to stick to bike riding for a while.

1 comment:

Val said...

haha! That is hilarious. But sorry about the bite. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...