Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Little Things

I am not a good journal keeper. I wish I was because I love reading the few journal entries I have. So my blog is now the closest thing I have to a journal so I am going to try to write more often about little things going on... probably won't be of much interest to anyone reading but it's more for me, sorry :) So here are a few little things for the week:

1. My favorite thing lately is Parker's "sneaky kisses". Once Parker came and started giving me lots of kisses and Tyler started tickling him and saying, "Hey, quit kissing on my wife!". It has now turned into a game. Whenever I'm sitting next to Tyler, Parker will come sit on my lap and start kissing all over my face, the whole time watching Tyler out of the corner of his eye, waiting for him to react. Then when Tyler does the usual, "Hey, who do you think you are kissing on my wife like that", Parker's kisses turn into hilarious giggles. He'll do this over and over. It is one of those moments when you realize how wonderful your life is. I love it!

2. The other day the baby had several episodes of hiccups. I would notice it every once in a while though out the day. Parker and I were goofing off and he was laughing so hard he ended up with the hiccups. At the same time he got the hiccups, the baby suddenly started in with the hiccups as well. It was pretty funny listening to Parker with the hiccups and then feeling the baby's little hiccups inside of me.

3. Last night we had a fun little FHE. We decided to go golfing. By we I mean Tyler went golfing and Parker and I drove the cart and cheered him on! I'm sure the other golfers on the course appreciated us being there but every one was really nice and thought it was funny to see Parker out on the course. Tyler of course helped Parker make a few puts... normally I would say something here about Parker being the next Tiger Woods but I am disgusted with that man so let's hope he turns out more like Phil Mickelson, or more like Grandpa Doug, or like his daddy! We got off the course just in time for a crazy thunder storm to roll in. Then we had a yummy dinner, our FHE lesson on budgeting- my favorite ha ha- and some sherbet for dessert. Fun night!

4. Last week we had and FHE lesson on drawing on the powers of Heaven. So I have been working really hard over the week to make my prayers sincere and really ponder and look for answers. The funny thing is that Satan seems to be working really hard to ruin my hard work! It seems like the opposite of everything I'm praying for is showing up in my life. At first I was really down about it until I realized obviously Satan was going to see me working harder than I have in a very long time to be in tune with the Spirit and obviously he wasn't going to let it be easy. So here is to week two... I'm not giving up that easy!

5. Last week my sister-in-law and I decided to take on some sewing projects. I finished a cute little brown and pink blanket for the baby and I learned that sewing isn't that difficult, but sewing well, is another story! My blanket resembles a blanket but if you look too closely at it you will see the proof that it was made by a rookie. Never the less, I am proud of my first big sewing project and I will post a picture when I finish adding the flowers I plan on adding. We'll see how it goes!

That's it for little things this week. I wish I had pictures to break up all of the writing. I totally understand if no one reads any of this- like I said it's more for me and my poor journal keeping.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hi Natalie -
Love to read the little joys of your days :) You're such a great Mom! Parker is adorable, and i love watching the countdown of days till new babe arrives. Love you! Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...