Tuesday, January 25, 2011

January Can be Fun!


In Boise, January can be described by one word... Gray! The post-Christmas blues plus the gray skies and cold weather equals a long depressing month of wishing Spring would burst in with all of its color and warmth a few months early. But it doesn't have to be gray, especially when you have little kids who seem to make everything more fun! If you are looking for a little sunshine, try the following:

1. Feed your 5 month old baby her first taste of rice cereal and watch the funny faces she makes.

First Bite
The aftermath
2. Find an awesome, brightly colored, joyfully musical toy that lets you bounce around in it... It seems to entertain this little girl no matter what the weather is outside.

3. Take your 2-year-old to a huge place filled with bounce houses- Parker thought he had died and gone to Heaven. And Rylan and I even had some fun running through the inflatable obstacle courses and sliding down the "Extreme Adrenaline" slide. What can I say, I am a real thrill seeker :)
Jump!
Rylan being bounced on my lap in the giant bounce house.
Parker and his cousin Peyton
I don't think he's having any fun!
4. Take your kids swimming at the YMCA kiddie pool. My kids are such water babies. I am pretty sure I could stick the in a puddle and they would think I was the coolest mom on Earth.

In addition to the entertainment, these fun activities help moms burn calories and wear our kids out so they are nice and mellow the rest of the day. And if you're lucky they might even take long naps afterward!

Kids make the Januarys of life so much more bearable! They are my sunshine :)

1 comment:

Tanner and Lindsay said...

Such a cute post! Love your profile picture! Your family is so adorable :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...