Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Baby, baby, baby Ooohh...


Well I do have some funny things to say about Valentine's Day but that is a long story and I am really tired so I will save that one for another day.

I had to share this though. My baby loves the Bieber, Justin Bieber, that is (or technically Justin Glee-ber, since it was actually a Glee character imitating the Biebs). Yes it's true, he's got a catchy song or two, and I hear his fan base consists of mostly 13-year-old girls. But my six-month-old daughter? Swooning over a boy with the face of a 10-year-old and the voice of a modern-day Jackson 5 member?

Here is how we discovered this. Rylan has been down right grumpy the past day or so, which I now believe is due to a stomach bug seeing as how Parker threw up tonight :( Poor kiddos. Anyway, she was letting us have it tonight. Tyler and I tried just about every trick we know, rocking, swaddling, bouncing, walking, massaging, burping, nursing... you get it. She was not having any of that. She just kept crying. Well it's Tuesday and Tuesday night is Glee night at the Pooley Palace so we were enjoying what little we could hear over Rylan's distress (I really was feeling bad for her, she was so miserable) when all of the sudden, like a ray of sunshine, that Bieber imitator started to sing. Rylan immediately stopped crying. She sprawled out across my lap, arching her back to get a good look at this new dreamboat. In that position, she smiled and cooed along with his "Like baby, baby, baby ooohh" 's as if every "baby" was the Bieber calling her by name. As happy as any preteen girl I've ever seen. As a matter of fact she reminded me of myself back in the NSYNC era.
So, there you have it. My baby just became the youngest member of the Justin Bieber fan club. I'm not sure what to think about that but hey, he cured what I couldn't tonight so I just might be in love with him as well. That's an awful lot of Bieber Love in this home, isn't it? Shh.. don't tell Tyler :)

1 comment:

The Manwarings said...

That is HILARIOUS! She sounds like a very musical baby. What a cutie too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...