Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter

This week I had the worst day of my life. Ever. I know people who have suffered far worse days than my worst day ever but for me it was terribly rotten. But as a few days have passed, the anger is starting to diminish, and I am starting to recover from the little ache in my stomach because it is Easter and I know my Savior lives and loves me. For anyone who doesn't believe me, I have proof that he does indeed love me.

My two-year-old little boy told me so.

As I was frosting cinnamon rolls the morning after my worst day ever, I was consumed with thoughts of "what good reason could there possibly be for that to have happened?" and "If the Lord loves me, why didn't we get any help in this situation?" and lastly, "I guess we must deserve this somehow". I was kind of hurting in a way. Then I turned to meet the purest blue eyes of my little Parker as he stood there with his arms reached out to hug me. As I embraced that warm little boy he said so sweetly,

"Mommy, I love you."

And I hugged him tighter. But he pulled away from me, put his hands on my shoulders and looked at me again with his innocent eyes and said,

"Mommy, Jesus love you too."

Wow.
How is it I can forget that so quickly and my 2-year-old, who has 22 years less of life and experience in the gospel, can bring me back so quickly and make me feel so silly for thinking those thoughts.
Then we sang Jesus wants me for a sunbeam :)

Today, I will be thinking of the atonement and of the healing power it has in our lives, to heal broken hearts, to help us bear our burdens, and eventually to help us forgive others. I hope you have a great Easter as well.
(and just to clarify, everyone n my life is just fine... so I am thankful that my worst day ever was completely unrelated to the well being of my loved ones so don't worry about us!)





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...