Friday, July 8, 2011

Oh say can you see....

Have I ever mentioned I love holidays? Well I do. Especially the 4th of July. I have this Patriotic streak in me (I can't listen to the national anthem with out crying, I have a strange impulse to hug soldiers, and I love fireworks) I love all things patriotic. Plus, throw in a little summer, family, BBQ, parades, fireworks... How could you not love this one?

Yes, I made my family dress entirely in red, white and blue.


For those of you unfamiliar with area, there are some nice little po-dunk towns on the out skirts of the city. We ventured out to one of these towns because it has the best parade in the valley. And in addition to the parade, you can enjoy the scenery of the strange-type people that live out in the country. Good ol' country folk, the kind that still wear overalls and chew on grass. No really. I saw it with my own eyes.

The parade was perfect though. Not too long, not too short. A little water, a little candy. Some horses and a marching band. Oh and the fire trucks, like 10 of them. Parker was in parade heaven!

We finished off with a BBQ with my family. And fireworks down town.

My family has a band. I wasn't invited due to my lack of any form of musical talent. Parker was however... I will admit, he has more potential rock star power than me.

How lucky am I to live in a country where I can spend a day like this? Happy Birthday America. You are the source of many joys in my life!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...